Friday, October 15, 2010

A little squirrel dog action

I loaded up Taz and Princes this morning and dropped them off in the woods. It was a terrible morning with wind blowing like crazy. But after the drought been having this fall and the small rain I thought I would give it a try. Taz treed 1st time out about 85 yd's in front of the Rhino. I thought I would just let him tree a while and take my time getting to him. So I got the 870 off the Rhino and put a shell in it. About that time I head Taz hammering closer. I looked and he was about 35 yd's from me timbering the squack. I sot at the squirrel just as it was twisting into a hole.


I hunted another 45 min. and Princess treed one in a big den beech tree. The wind has died down some what. I may load up a couple different dogs and drop them off for about a hour.
Priness  wannted thiss  squirrel really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Chat Room and message Board

SQUIRREL DOG HUNTERS BOARD
We have a new site up and running. It is a message board and has a nice chat room as well. Everyone is welcome to come join. Just register and start posting your own post and pics of your dogs and hunts. Everyone is welcome to come share your dogs and hunts. So click the link and join us.
http://squirreldoghunters.aimoo.com/

Mountain Feist treeing squacks